Anthropology of Work Review
The Anthropology of Work Review is an international forum for multidisciplinary research on work and labor in the broadest senses of those terms. As the peer-reviewed journal of the Society for the Anthropology of Work, a section of the American Anthropological Association, AWR’s mission is to facilitate ethnographically informed discussions of work politics and practices, including struggles over the absence of work, as well as to promote dialogue around emerging theoretical perspectives and methodological approaches. The journal welcomes submissions that concern all aspects of human and nonhuman labor, from inquiries into its structure and organization to novel propositions for rethinking its implications and emerging forms.
Josh Fisher, Western Washington University
Kathleen Millar, Simon Fraser University
Alex Nading, Brown University
Book Review Editor
Samuel Weeks, Thomas Jefferson University
Information for Authors
- Manuscripts should be submitted electronically through the journal’s ScholarOne portal.
- Manuscripts should be blinded with all identifying information removed prior to submission.
- Manuscripts should be no more than 8,000 words, including notes references. They should be double-spaced and formatted according to the Chicago Manual of Style, 17th edition.
- Submissions should include a one-paragraph abstract for the article, with at least three keywords.
- Submissions should include a list of three possible reviewers.
- The journal includes a section called Scenes at Work that features photographs and photographic essays. Photographs of and/or by workers should be submitted electronically, and should be accompanied by written documentation that those photographed have given permission to have their image(s) reproduced in the Anthropology of Work Review.
Information for Book Reviewers
The journal maintains a current list of books available for review. Publishers may send review copies to Samuel Weeks, Thomas Jefferson University, Ravenhill Mansion 301, 4201 Henry Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19144.